About C.O.B.R.A.™ Self-Defense System Creator Chris Sutton
Chris’ extensive martial arts training as well as his law enforcement experience dealing with real criminals have given him highly unique insights into the reality of self-defense. Chris has used this expertise to create the acclaimed C.O.B.R.A.™ reality-based self-defense system, as well as influencing his other martial arts programs, fitness programs & books.
Chris is a Joe Lewis Fighting Systems Black Belt and has trained in numerous Asian/ American Martial Art systems earning multiple ranks. After many years in the Asian arts Chris studied under Heavy weight World Champion Kick Boxer Jim Graden, with further influence from the legendary champion Joe Lewis in the Elite Kickboxing System earning another Black Belt.
Named to Prestigious Martial Arts Teachers’ Association Board of Advisors
Chris Sutton has recently joined such well known martial arts stars like Frank Shamrock, Jhoon Rhee, and Joe Lewis as a Martial Arts Teachers’ Association (MATA) board member.
MATA founder John Graden says, “Adding Chris Sutton to the board puts him in some big time company. I wouldn’t do it if I didn’t feel he has earned it. Together, we are going to bring the unique information in C.O.B.R.A.™ defense to the martial arts teachers worldwide.” More info here.
Chris Sutton is a certified A.C.M.A. Martial Arts Instructor and a life-time Professional Martial Artist with over 20 years of training and teaching experience.
The A.C.M.A. (American Council on Martial Arts Education) certification is given and endorsed through the Coopers Research Institute and N.A.P.M.A. (National Association of Professional Martial Artist).
In the field of martial arts and self-defense education these accreditation’s are recognized as one of the highest and most professional certifications.
Chris has become a lifetime student of professional martial arts and self-defense training, philosophy and continuous education. He is a member of M.A.T.A., the Martial Arts Teachers Association. Chris has also trained and collaborated with Hall of Fame Martial Artist Sifu Brian Spiegel.
Summary of Additional Professional Experience
- Certified and Experienced Law Enforcement Officer, City and County
- Deputy Sheriff – Patrol Operations
- Corrections Officer – Maximum Security / Special Operations
- Boot Camp Drill Instructor
- Founder – COBRA-DEFENSE / COBRA Fighting Systems
- Creator COBRA Fit Kickboxing
- Founder Self-Defense Professional Magazine
- Creator of The Active Shooter Response Plan & Bully Response Plan
- Head Instructor of the United Martial Arts Academy
- 15 Time Gold Medalist in the I.L.E.G. Olympic Games
- Self-defense Representative at AT & T Stadium , Kids Day America
- Author, The Psychology of Self Defense & The Fight For Success Series